- To be the premier umbrella body representing Financial Planning Professionals and Financial Services Providers.
- To certify financial planners and uplift their professionalism.
- To enhance the image of the financial planning profession.
- To set practice standards for financial planning.
- To provide self-regulation in the financial planning industry.
- To be premier Financial Education Providers.
- To promote financial literacy to all Malaysians.
- To be the national financial planning organization for the purpose of unifying and strengthening accountability, compliance and conformance to laws and regulations by financial planning providers and practitioners and to enhance self-regulation among them.
- To focus on the nationwide development and advancement of financial planning providers and practitioners with an objective for convergence and uniform practice standards.
- To set technical standards for membership, examination and certification requirements, establish a professional code of ethics and compliance and advance the knowledge of the members by way of technical support and education programmes.