There has been an upward trend towards Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) sukuk or green sukuk mainly due to the natural progression of sukuk market, the growing awareness of investors toward ethically and socially responsible investment and the stricter capital requirements for the bank finance infrastructural projects. In Malaysian market in particular, it is considered as the largest SRI market in Asia and the world’s second largest in the Islamic fund market about 29% worth US$56bil of global asset.
This conference will gather experts and professionals from the financial industry especially in Islamic and Shariah related backgrounds. Scholars, researchers and practitioners alike will gather to address and have a discourse on the recurring issues and the development of SRI sukuk. Through this opportunity, it will also be a great platform to catapult Islamic wealth management and financial planning to a higher ground.
MFPC Member Rate : RM100
Public / Non-Member : RM180
Endorsement : 10 CPE SIDC, 8CPD MFPC, 8CPD AICB, 3CPD FIMM, 3CPD MTA, 3CPD LIAM
Full Brochure in PDF>> 7thICWM Brochure
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
Bankers, Financial Advisers, Lawyers, Property Managers, Insurers, Corporate Sectors, Academics, Scholars, Government Policy Makers, Research Institutes, government agencies, Administrative and Diplomatic Officers and Government Professionals.
MEMBER REGISTRATION :
Please register via 1stMFPC Portal >> https://1st.mfpc.org.my
NON-MEMBER / PUBLIC REGISTRATION :
Please register via MFPC website>> https://1st.mfpc.org.my/PublicEventRegistration/194
CONTACT PERSON / SPONSORSHIP :
Tel: +603-6203 5899 Ext 203
Limited to 200 participants on first come first serve basis before : 27th July 2020@6pm
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The financial services sector was one of the fastest growing industries of the economy in the past decade and was identified as one of the National Key Economic Areas such as Malaysian government. The growth potential of this sector is seen in the Islamic financial services such as the Islamic wealth management and financial planning by local, regional and international players.
Financial planning, being a discipline related to assisting and regulating the process of making financial decisions, comes under the broad purview of Shariah rules and ethics. In addition to Shariah laws related to transactions, those relevant to wealth and finance, as well as financial duties and obligations, are applicable in financial planning. The financial planning process should also conform to the objectives of Shariah pertaining to wealth, as well as human existence.
In the Shariah perspective, wealth is a creation of Allah in its different forms and in principle belongs to him. Thus, wealth in reality is the property of Allah. The right to wealth enjoyed by man is only delegated to him by Allah. This situation becomes clear when it is understood that human involvement in the attainment of wealth is limited to his exerting himself in the process of production and investment.
In general, the audience do not possess a background in Shariah studies, presentation in a simplified and readily understood format is also vital. This challenge is currently being addressed by Shariah scholars. Courses of study that is entirely devoted to treating this subject or books written exclusively under this particular heading of Islamic financial planning are still scarce. Nevertheless, with growing market demand, more advancement is expected in this direction in the near future.
Thus, in order to discuss on the above issues as well as in line with the national agenda to make Malaysia an International Islamic Financial Centre and to promote advancement in Islamic transactions and business, MFPC will be organizing the 7th MFPC International Conference on Islamic Wealth Management & Financial Planning on 5 August 2020 at MFPC Webinar Learning and the theme is: “Driving Sustainable & Responsible Investment”.
This conference will provide a platform to create public awareness of the importance of wealth management and financial planning, deliberate on the essential knowledge regarding Islamic Finance and Shariah; and legal and operational aspects of the Islamic capital market. The talks and panel sessions will provide greater insight into promoting Islamic wealth management and financial planning as an arena for economic growth along with a diversified strategy in approaching a dynamic and competitive financial environment.
Since the Islamic Wealth Management and Financial Planning not only focusing on the Muslims community; the several objectives are hopefully will be achieved:-
- Promote the Islamic Wealth Management and Financial Planning throughout the community.
- Gain a better understanding on the current situation of Islamic Wealth Management and Financial Planning.
- Explore the best current practice of Wealth Management and Financial Planning based on Shariah.
- Build the networking platform among Conventional Financial Planners and Shariah Scholars on Islamic Wealth Management and Financial Planning.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Shariah and Islamic Compliances
- Socially Responsible Investment
- Malaysian Capital Market
- Focusing on Responsible Investment to Drive For Sustainable Benefits
- Investment in Shariah Perspective
- Bond vs Sukuk vs Green Sukuk
- Issuance of Green Sukuk
- Positive Impact from SRI Sukuk on the Community’s Economy
- Pushing and Fuelling SRI Sukuk Agenda
- Legal Aspect of SRI Sukuk
- Professional Financial Advice and Its Regulations
Past Slide Presentation
Session 1 : Islamic Finance From Niche to Mainstream
- Dr. Hamim Syahrum Ahmad Mokhtar
- Deputy Director of Islamic Banking Takaful Department
- Bank Negara Malaysia
Session 2 : Role of the SC in Promoting SRI
- Pn. Azreen Idayu Zainal
- Deputy General Manager, Markets & Products,
- Securities Commission Malaysia
Session 3 : Takaful & Value Based Intermediaries
- En. Afdzal Al-‘Adli Husni Husin
- Head of Product Marketing, AIA Public Takaful Bhd
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Ahcene Lahsasna
- Chief Executive Officer, Salihin Shariah Advisory Sdn Bhd
Session 5 : Guiding Principles of VBI Implementation
- Prof Datuk Dr. Syed Othman Alhabshi
- Chairman, MFPC Shariah Advisory Committee
- Prof. Dr Catherine S F Ho
- Faculty of Business & Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA and President, Malaysian Finance Association.
Round Table Topic : Strengthening the Roles & Impact of Islamic Finance
- Senior Investment Analyst, Saturna Sdn Bhd
- Senior Researcher, International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA)
- Acting Executive Director of Association of Islamic Banking and Financial Institutions Malaysia(AIBIM)
- Shariah Wealth Consultant, Certified MFPC Trainer
- Financial Planner, Phillip Wealth Planners Sdn Bhd