As you may be aware that MFPC is in constant effort to promote financial planning education to the undergraduates from both public and private universities; we are pleased to inform that the Board will run the Financial Planning Young Talent Programme (YTP); continuation of the Financial Planning Internship Programme(FPIP) with immediate effect. Since the introduction of FPIP, MFPC together with FPIP’s participating companies have managed to provide internship placements to more than 200 interns within the course of 2 years.
Financial Planning Young Talent Programme (YTP) objectives are as below:
- To assists students to be efficient, innovative and competitive in the Financial Planning Industry.
- To develop and upgrade skills of students that is required by the Financial Planning Industry.
- To provide students with relevant knowledge to meet the needs and priorities of a developing Financial Planning Industry.
- To enable students to further and put into practice the knowledge they acquired during their studies.
- To provide students with professional working environment that can give students rewarding and interesting experience.
- To contribute pool of candidates for potential employment within the Malaysian financial sectors.
MFPC is committed to promote YTP to the MFPC collaborative universities and Education Providers nationwide; to welcome and attract young talents into financial planning fraternity. All internship applications through the MFPC shall be channelled to Participating Companies for the respective company to conduct recruitment procedures and interviews.
Interested MFPC corporate companies that wish to participate in the YTP as Participating Company are invited the write/email to the MFPC Secretariat, Education & Training Department to inform us your intent. Please be informed that a structured internship programme outline/planned activities is required to be submitted to the Certification & CPD Board for approval. You are also advised to put in place appropriate internship guidelines clearly stipulated internships allowance; working hours; duty and responsibility; and expected work performance.